BBQ Meatloaf Recipe
If loving meatloaf is wrong, then I do not want to be right!
No…. not that meatloaf however, I was the proud owner of that CD about 20 years ago. 🙂
Growing up, I hated meatloaf – the name itself is fairly un-appetizing. I am not sure when my taste changed, but for years it has been one of my favorite meals. It is easy to make, it is even better the next day, and it’s pretty versatile. A couple of years ago, I saw a recipe on MyRecipes for BBQ Meatloaf and it piqued my interest. Like most recipes, I made a few changes and this dish has become a regular in my meal line up.
Matt typically does not share my love of meatloaf, so I generally make a small pan using 1 pound of beef, but this recipe easily doubles for larger families or extra leftovers. However, the last time I made this my heart fluttered when Matt not only had some for dinner… but went back for seconds!!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: ¼ loaf
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 6
- Saturated fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 294
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 27
- Cholesterol: 106
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef (or bison)
- ⅓ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 3 ½ tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a small loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except 2 TBSP of barbeque sauce.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Spread remaining barbecue sauce over top of meat loaf.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°.
- Let stand 10 minutes